Finally delivered!

The title pretty much says it all, but I'll go into more details!

Thursday, June 17th, I had my 38 week doctors appointment. I was weighed in at 151 lbs so I was at a total weight gain of 26 lbs from pre-pregnancy weight. I was originally not going to get checked but they ended up asking me, and I caved in said yes. The doctor said that I was 2 to 3cm, much to my surprise! I didn't think I had made any progress at all from a fingertip from the previous week. She asked if I wanted her to strip my membranes. I hesitated because even though I've never had it done before, I've heard that it hurts pretty badly. I told her to go ahead and do it and gritted my teeth and tried to not scream during the process. I headed home and ended up cramping on my way home. The stripping of my membranes occurred at around 4pm, and by 5pm, contractions started. I continued to have contractions off and on for the rest of the evening and I really thought at 1:30am I was going to be waking Willie up to head to the hospital since they were regular and strong, but after I went to the bathroom and walked around for about 10 minutes, the contractions tapered off. I continued to have irregular but somewhat strong contractions until 5:30am. Around 5:30am, most of the contractions stopped and I only had slight cramping. I was able to get some rest finally and slept until around 10am. When I woke up, I continued to have some more cramping and irregular but strong contractions. At around 2pm on June 18th, and the baby having a lack of fetal movement for over 9 hrs and only 2 movements, I called the doctor at the hospital and was told to come in and get checked out.

I arrived at the hospital around 3:30pm. I was put on the monitor for about a 1/2 hour to an hour to check the baby's heartbeat and my contractions. The contractions were strong but irregular still, but the baby decided to move as soon as I was hooked up to the monitors and the baby looked great so there was no worry there. My nurse at the time checked me and she had trouble finding my cervix but said I was a "good 4cm" and told me to walk a little bit and see if I have any changes. I ended up being checked around 2 hrs later though and the nurse couldn't find my cervix and ended up calling my doctor in to come check me. My doctor checked me and said that I was at 6cm. Because I had made a change and I was more than a 4, they admitted me.

Birth story to follow.....

0 Response to "Finally delivered!"

Post a Comment