A week already

I can't believe more than a week has already gone by since I had my sweet boy! His first week home has been really good. He really is such a good baby. He hardly cries and he sleeps pretty well. He eats ALL of the time; absolutely loves to eat. I swear he eats about every hour to two hours during the day and at night it's around every two to four hours. So, not bad in my opinion. I was worried that his frequent feedings meant that he wasn't getting enough but he's had plenty of wet diapers so I know he's definitely getting something. Last Tuesday he weighed 6lbs 7oz (June 22nd) and today, less than 7 days later he is back up to his birth weight of 7lbs 1oz (June 28th). They say 6oz for a breastfed baby is normal, and he just gained 10oz in a week so that is WONDERFUL news for all of us all around.

I took his newborn portraits the other day. He did good! I have a lot of favorites, now I just need to figure out which one I want to get in a 16x20 to put into his bedroom. Here's one of my favorites from the session. There are more on my photography blog if you are interested: http://www.chapmansphoto.com/blog

Kayliana is still all about him. I feel bad sometimes because she just really wants to be near him but when I am feeding him and she's right next to me, it really stresses me out. Probably because it's still very painful for him to latch on. Once he latches on and after about a minute passes by, it's all okay and doesn't really hurt anymore. I've heard that the 2nd week of breastfeeding is the worse so I'm really hoping that next week we will be much better at this.

We had our very first paranoid ER visit lastnight (June 27th). Tristan's circumcision appeared to be pretty swollen with some discharge and a bit of an odor and since all of those are signs of infection, we took him in. We would much rather be safe than sorry. The urologist came down to check him out and said that he was fine. He got a plastibell circumcision and it's literally hanging 1/2 on and 1/2 off. It is scary to clean as I don't want to tear the other 1/2 off and cause him to bleed.

On a much brighter note, Addison FINALLY made contact with Tristan today. She touched his head! It was very brief and she hasn't done it since but it's improvement. I knew she'd warm up to him at some point! I can't wait until all 3 of my kids can interact together.

0 Response to "A week already"

Post a Comment