Be a better parent challenge - failed

FAIL

I fail the Be a better parent challenge. I haven't been able to keep up with it the past few days to be honest. I'm so overwhelmed with the busy life I've had the past 3 days. I think I'm having a temporary dip in my supply and I think Tristan is having a growth spurt at the same time so we have had crying, screaming fits everyday for the past few days, and they've last hours at a time. It's not been fun! On top of that, I actually have work that I've been doing and I've been busy trying to make some money when I am not taking care of the kids. Laundry and the house cleaning has taken the back burner. I think I'd have to try the Be a better parent challenge when life is a little less hectic.

I started giving Tristan a tablespoon of cereal with an ounce of expressed breastmilk for his last bottle at night. I didn't do it for him to sleep longer, but it helps his reflux at night since it seems to be worse at night, and I did it because I hope that it fills his tummy a little bit while we both face the challenges of a temporary dip in my supply. After he takes that, I nurse him and he's content. Then since that is usually when he has his ONLY 3 hr sleep, I pump in between. That should help keep him content and help me keep my supply up.

The girls have been surprisingly pretty quiet. I ordered their decals for their room and am hoping to get paint this weekend and paint their room before we head to Florida next month. I can't wait to get it all together! I'm hoping that this weekend I can find some decor and frames for the kids rooms as well. If I can get all that taken care of, then 2 rooms will be completely re-decorated. Yay!

2 Response to "Be a better parent challenge - failed"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Heather I love the blog. The 365 challenge? Awesome.

    Also, I had major milk supply issues when I went back to work after my third. Try Fenugreek. 3 pills, 3 times a day. it's natural but you can ask your MD about it. You'll smell like a pancake buffet but it really does work!

  2. Mix of 6 Blog Says:

    LOL! Thanks for the tip, I may have to go find some and pick some up!

Post a Comment