Be a better parent challenge

After reading Motherhood Uncensored, I discovered her "Be a Better Parent Challenge." I couldn't help but be intrigued. While I like to consider myself to be a good mom, we all can be better at something even if we are already good at it.

I will start today as Day 1. I'll be a bit behind, but that's ok.
Day #1 - Being present for my kids

I cut my kids off a LOT! Today, I'm paying more attention to their needs and their wants and listening to them rather than cutting them off because I assume I know what they are going to say anyways. Sometimes I get too busy or just want some time to myself when the baby is sleeping, so even when they disrupt my me time, I'm here to listen.Will update tomorrow with Day 2's challenge and how I did today with Day #1.

1 Response to "Be a better parent challenge"

  1. Gigi Says:

    Wow, that would be tough for me. I am definitely distracted a good part of the time. it's hard not to be. And when I find I am "present", I love it and wonder why I don't do it more often!

    Thanks for coming by KludgyMom today and reading my post!

Post a Comment